And yes, it’s linked to violence.

Photo by Derick Daily on Unsplash

Earlier this month, UN Women UK released a survey that revealed 97% of UK women aged 18–24 had experienced sexual harassment in a public space. I say “revealed,” but many of us are wondering if maybe the other 3% just didn’t realise.

The findings came out during a horrific time internationally for violence against women.

Australian politics has been shaken by rape allegations and growing evidence of a toxic, misogynistic culture inside Parliament. …


This is not your usual productivity hack.

Photo by Gift Habeshaw on Unsplash

All the great writers say it.

“You don’t find time to write. You make it!”

Ok cool thanks for that amazing advice but like… how?? Life is bursting at the seams. What do you give up in exchange for writing time?

I’ve struggled with this for years and now as a working mother of two small children, time is more scarce than ever. But for me, the key is always to stop thinking about what I need to sacrifice and remember how my writing fits in with the bigger picture of my life.


You can learn a lot from being a three-year-old’s personal chef and vending machine.

A toddler stocks their hands into a fresh fruit cake made with watermelon and grapes.
A toddler stocks their hands into a fresh fruit cake made with watermelon and grapes.
Photo by Thandy Yung on Unsplash

One of my favourite things about being a mother is all the time I get to spend thinking about, shopping for, preparing and serving beautiful, fresh, organic food to my amazing children.

…and then cleaning the whole freakin’ lot up off the floor, furniture and far reaches of their small bodies. And watching as they stuff crackers in their mouths instead of going to bed.

Growing up in the country, food scraps went straight to the chickens and so it’s hard to say how much my family produced when I was a child. I doubt it was a lot; I…

Hannah Moss

She/her. Writing about writing, creativity, feminism, parenting and learning to live sustainably. Instagram @hannamossity

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store